The Project Dashboard provides an overview of the key metrics and progress of your projects, making it easy to monitor project performance and ensure timely completion. In this article, we’ll guide you through navigating the Project Dashboard, understanding the statistics displayed, and using the dashboard to make informed decisions about your project.
Accessing the Project Dashboard #
To access the Project Dashboard:
- Click on the “Projects” tab in the main menu.
- Locate the project you want to view the dashboard for and click on it.
- Click the “Dashboard” tab within the project view.
You will now see the Project Dashboard for the selected project.
Understanding the Statistics Displayed #
The Project Dashboard displays a variety of statistics related to your project, including:
- Total Tasks: The total number of tasks within the project, broken down by task status (e.g., completed, in progress, or pending).
- Issues: The total number of issues within the project, broken down by issue status (e.g., open, in progress, or solved).
- Milestones: The total number of milestones within the project, broken down by milestone status (e.g., completed, in progress, or on hold).
- Tracked Time: The total time spent on tasks within the project, broken down by task name. This includes both billable and non-billable time.
- Team Members: A list of team members working on the project, along with their roles and contact information.
These statistics provide a snapshot of your project’s progress and performance, allowing you to quickly identify areas that may require additional attention or resources.
Using the Project Dashboard to Make Informed Decisions #
The Project Dashboard can be a powerful tool for making informed decisions about your project. By regularly reviewing the dashboard, you can:
- Monitor project progress and ensure tasks, issues, and milestones are on track.
- Identify potential bottlenecks or areas where resources may be needed to keep the project on schedule.
- Recognize trends in task completion or issue resolution that may indicate issues with project scope or team performance.
- Make data-driven decisions to adjust project plans, allocate resources, or address team performance issues.